Five Finger Death Punch’s Ivan Moody Gets Eye Injured Onstage
Earlier this week, on Thursday, May 19th, Five Finger Death Punchplayed their set at the Welcome To Rockville festival in Daytona Beach.
Frontman Ivan Moody revealed in an Instagram account (which he has now deleted, but was transcribed by Blabbermouth) that he got his eye injured onstage in a laserbeam accident:
“During the set I got overheated, and I walked back and I passed out… I was grabbing towards Charlie’s [Engen] kit. And the heat — it was exhausting. Charlie almost passed out too. And I reached for a cymbal and I felt myself going under. And so I ran back. And I was okay. My [guys] helped me out. And as I’m coming back onstage, one of the lasers kicked backwards, ’cause I tripped basically over it, and it shot me in the eye. And these things are like… they basically have the power of a minor supernova; they’re really bad. If you put your phone up to one of ’em, it’ll actually black out your screen.
So, anyway, I’ve gotta go back [home] to [Las] Vegas and I’ve gotta see a real eye doctor. And hopefully it’s okay. I can’t see out of it right now. It’s, like, have you ever stared at the sun or a lightbulb and you get that green light — it blackens it out. Imagine that times, like, a thousand. They thought my retina was separated; that’s how bad it was.
So when I go to Europe here in a couple of weeks, you all might be seeing me with a fucking patch on my eye. Go ahead. Make fun. Don’t care. But it is what it is. I had a blast. Like I said, I’m really sorry. I felt like I got exhausted [during the Welcome To Rockville set] — the weight of the humidity. 85 percent humidity in 90-degree weather, it takes a toll. And I saw a lot of you falling down. And when I went to the E.R., there were a lot of you out there.”
The singer was treated at a nearby hospital and saw some fans there.
Check out the conversations he had with some of them about his and their injuries/afflictions below!